LMU Family of Schools
What is the Loyola Marymount University Family of Schools (LMU FoS)?
The LMU FoS is a partnership between LMU and the Westchester community public schools, teacher, parents and residents.
Who are the Family of Schools?
LMU has a formal agreement with the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to include all seven public schools in Westchester in the FoS. Those schools are: Cowan, Kentwood, Loyola Village, Paseo del Rey & Westport Heights Elementary Schools, Orville Wright Middle School and Westchester High School. School support groups like PTA, Booster Clubs, WPEF and the Education Committee of the Neighborhood Council are also involved in supporting the FoS.
What are the Goals of the LMU FoS?
- To provide LMU STUDENT TEACHER VOLUNTEERS at each school who will help increase student academic success. Student teachers will volunteer as teacher assistants and for tutoring programs.
- To provide PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT for teachers and staff.
- To show PARENTS and COMMUNITY members new ways to be involved at their schools.
- To help our schools implement NEW MODELS for student academic success.
- To assist with FUNDRAISING efforts so that each of our schools can provide extra enrichment programs for their students.
How Will the FoS Achieve its Goals?
LMU will use existing university programs such as mentoring, tutoring and civic engagement efforts to support the schools and will work with its partners to secure funding to support its goals.
Want to Know More?
Attend both upcoming parent/community meetings at your local school. Dates to be announced